Wrote on sticky notes:
I am worth it.
I am enough.
I am capable of love and belonging.
I can do this.
I can be vulnerable.
Be seen. Be present. Be impressive. Be you!
Took notes on Bully while watching it today.
These are the notes I took
- Was a loner
- As Tyler grew older he became more introverted
- He got bullied so much he didn’t even cry anymore
- So many kids have such high expectations from others and have this status quo that kids have to maintain
- Was told to go hang himself
- “Teenage Dirtbag”
- Committed suicide in his closet. Left a note on his bed
- “Tyler, your voice will be heard”
- The parents knew why it happened
- Clothes taken while in the shower
- Pushed in the bathroom
- His books got thrown off his desk and was told to “Pick it but, b”
- Age 13
- Suix do City, Texas
- Family bullies him
- He acts like he doesn’t care what people call him but he really does
- Called “Fishface”
- He likes learning but he has trouble making friends
- Bullies at Bus Stop and on bus
- East Middle School
- Has no friends
- Most kids don’t want to be around him because they think he’s not normal
- The kids don’t like different
- Helps his siblings
- Won’t tell his parents about what’s happening
- Was born 14 weeks early
- Doctors said he wasn’t going to make it 24 hours
- Gets bullied at lunch
- It breaks his heart that people calls his name
- The vice principal tries to help
- Turttle, Oklahoma
- is gay
- isn’t accepted anywhere
- Anything that is the least bit different they put them down
- Loved basketball
- Tried to commit suicide 3 times
- Being gay is a sin in the church so she was no longer welcome
- She didn’t want to leave her town/school. She wanted to prove them wrong
- Schools don’t care about bullying. Teachers even participate. “They’ll do everything they can”
- Tyler had a target on his back and everybody knew that
- He hung himself
- Teachers don't even know what's going on. Not everybody is innocent
- SORRY DOESNT FIX EVERYTHING
- Age 14
- Yazoo County, Mississippi
- In Jail