Homework: conference, reread act 1: take notes, redo annotations, Sat exercises
Make sure you turn in LOF redo annotations by Friday!
After every Act we read in Othello, reread it for homework to get full understanding.
Maddie was sick today, so she skyped in!
SAT 1 question day:
"For the Identifying Sentence Errors, do we just write the letter?"
-Yes, you just have to write the answer for every section. You don't have to rewrite the sentence.
"For Exercise 3, do we create our own words or use the vocab words?"
-You create your own words using the prefixes, roots, and suffixes listed above.
"For Exercise 5, do we have to write the essay?"
-No. But make sure you turn the page past the essay to finish the assignment.
Read the background info on Othello and took some notes.
- How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
- Othello and Desdemona marriage intense
- bent on destroying Othello
- Desdemona used against Othello
- trouble with social inferiority (class)
- Connections between Cask of Amontillado (Montressor) and Lord of the Flies?
- Michael Cassio
- Was chosen over Iago
- Shakespeare uses many words that we still use today, we just have different meanings of it. The words are also different based on the time period.
- Shakespeare uses puns and metaphors.
- Act 1.1
- Act 1.2
- Act 1.3
- 1st Senator
- 2nd Senator
- What is a moor?
- Role of jealously, race, revenge, class, honesty?
Started acting out and reading Act 1 of Othello