- First, we did our grammar exercises where we did clauses, punctuation, and diagramming
- The sentence with the flowers had two ind. clauses= compound sentence
- T-cap, ^ , after garden, ^’ in don’t, and ^.
- The sentence with school play had only one ind clause= simple sentence
- O-cap in On, F-friday, F-February, I, ^. after school.
- Kenneth: Books in bookroom
- Debrief on Doctorow
- Since the skype didn’t work this morning, we are trying to reschedule but since he is such a busy guy, we might not be able to talk to him until April.
Check 13-17 Questions
- Final fishbowl tomorrow: three Q’s for fishbowl tomorrow 18-end 1 textual Q’s: pull out quotes
- 2 higher level thinking Q’s; connections to 1984?
- Next week will be a intense working week with the paper
- Bring earbuds and get ready to work
- We watched an interview about an avalanche to get an idea of how to make our paper more interesting because we aren’t turning it in traditionally
- Smith gave us some free time to explore and tinker around with websites and look at other students’ work from last year.
- Hw: paper ideas, look over last year’s papers, begin thinking about paper structure and ideas” examples to get you thinking:
Paulsen, Margaret P